- You are here »
Vaser liposuction is a medical procedure that leaves prospective candidates worried. Interestingly, the major cause of concern is not the cost of the procedure or the degree of pain. The procedure is cheaper today than it ever was and the pain factor has never been more manageable. For many, the main reason why they are stalling on their vaser lipo surgery is that they’re afraid of scarring.
Always explaining to friends and family that you got your scar from a liposuction procedure is not desirable. Declining summer activities because your swimsuit will reveal your scars is even worse. It’s pretty understandable that many people are worried about the resulting scars. After all, one of the reasons for going through with vaser liposuction is to achieve a body you will be proud to show off.
What is the reality?
The reality is that vaser liposuction, just like most forms of liposuction involves making an incision on the affected area. A tube is then inserted into the location and excess fat is removed through a back and forth motion. This will lead to a scar at the end of the healing process, but the visibility or deepness of the scar is dependent on a variety of factors.
Skill of the cosmetic surgeon
This is the first step to determining if you will have a severe, hard-to-miss scar or something more subtle. Going with a highly skilled surgeon reduces the chances of this happening. A skilled surgeon will understand optimal and strategic positioning of the cannula in a manner that will ensure completion of the process, without badly defacing the surface of the skin in the treated area.
Adherence to instructions
Scars after a vaser lipo procedure are normal, due to it being an invasive procedure. However, the scar will be made negligible if you follow pre and post-operative instructions as handed down by your surgeon. Most of the instructions are made to ensure you don’t have deep scars. One such instruction from surgeons, aimed specifically at reducing the severity of liposuction scarring, is the use of post-operative salves and ointments. The ointments help swelling to abate and any scars will diminish greatly in size.
Immediately after surgery, the scars around the liposuction area will appear red and irritated. A few weeks later, following regular use of recommended ointments, the scar should be much less noticeable. After you wait out the initial weeks following treatment, you can begin to enjoy the true benefits of your vaser lipo treatment.
It is important to note that the chance of noticeable scarring is higher with darker skin, but working with a highly qualified doctor and following instructions will ensure you won’t have any regrets.
- VASER SHAPE MC1: Effective Solution Against Cellulite
- Is Vaser Liposuction Permanent?
- Prepare Yourself for a Lipo Treatment
- Side Effects and After Effects of Vaser Liposuction
- How to Tighten Skin After Vaser Liposuction
- Vaser Liposuction for Arms
- Vaser Liposuction For The Abdomen/Stomach
- VASER Lipo Advantages Over Traditional Liposuction
- What is Vaser Lipo?
- What to Eat After Lipo
- VASER Lipo 360 Leg Contouring
- What is the difference between Vaser Liposuction & the Other Methods of Liposuction
- Vaser Liposuction and Breast Cancer, All You Need to Know
- Vaser Lipo: A Great Alternative for Fat Removal
- Scars After Vaser Liposuction: What to Expect
- Post-pregnancy and Vaser liposuction: Getting your body back
- Male Chest Reduction – Gynecomastia Vaser liposuction
- How Much Fat Removal Is Safe With Vaser Liposuction?
- Back Fat and Vaser liposuction
- Vaser Liposuction: Anaesthesia challenges
- Why Should You Get Vaser Liposuction on Your Face?
- Liposuction vs Gastric Bands
- 5 Vaser Hotspots That You Never Considered
- What Areas Of My Body Can I Target With Liposuction?
- Top 5 Myths about Liposuction
- Why Should You Get Vaser Liposuction On Your Arms?
- Why Should You Get Vaser Liposuction On Your Abs?
- How Much Does Vaser Liposuction Cost?
- VASER: What It Does, How It Works, And How You’ll See Great Results
- Men and Liposuction – A Fact Sheet
- Five Celebs that have Undergone Liposuction
- Five More Celebrities You Never Knew Had Liposuction
- What Are The Benefits Of Having Liposuction
- Vaser, Recovery And Compression Garment
- Which Type Of VASER Should I Choose?
- Are You A Good Candidate For Vaser Liposuction?
- What You Need to Know about Liposuction
- Is VASER Lipo Safe?
- Vaser Lipo for Six-Pack Abs
- How to Choose a Vaser Lipo Surgeon?